We offer experienced, professional Dominica citizenship by investment services, working closely with Dominica and overseas based agents for successful Dominica citizenship applications.
DOMINICA CITIZENSHIP – GENERAL INFO
Generally speaking, Dominica citizenship can be acquired by birth, registration or naturalization (such as in the case of the citizenship by investment or economic citizenship).
Who can apply for Dominica citizenship?
- Anyone whose parents are Dominican citizens or who are married to Dominican citizens are also able to apply to be registered as citizens of Dominica.
- Citizens of Commonwealth countries who have resided legally in Dominica for at least five years can also apply to be citizens of Dominica.
- Citizens of countries outside the Commonwealth can apply to be citizens after having resided legally in Dominica for at least seven years.
- Citizenship by Investment, also known as Economic Citizenship
Dominica citizenship applications under the citizenship by investment program are made through an approved agent to the Citizenship By Investment Unit of the Ministry of Finance. Other applications are made to the Ministry of National Security, Immigration and Labour.
DOMINICA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT – ABOUT
Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program was introduced in 1993 and as thus one of the longest running second citizenship programs worldwide.
The concept economic citizenship mainly refers to the right acquired to apply for Dominica citizenship after having made an investment of a specified amount in Dominica. Provided that all due diligence and Dominica citizenship application requirements are met, an application for Dominica citizenship may be approved.
To apply for Dominica citizenship, interested persons are required to directly contact a Licensed Agent who will give advice and correspond with the Government on their behalf in processing Dominica citizenship application.
Dominica citizenship by investment program is well regulated and involves thorough due diligence procedures which are essential in protecting the good repute of the second citizenship program.
Initially, the citizenship program involved an economic contribution or donation to the Government of Dominica. Currently however, the Dominica citizenship program offers two options under which families who are interested in Dominica citizenship are able to apply. These are:
- Economic Diversification Fund (original economic contribution)
- Real Estate option
Investment funds received under the Economic Diversification Fund (EDF) go towards the construction of roads, schools, national infrastructure, public health care and other development projects.
The Real Estate option is concerned mainly with real estate. These projects are first approved before being listed under the citizenship by investment program. A number of major hotel brand names and companies have been enlisted under this second citizenship application option. Dominica citizenship applicants are usually offered shareholdings and the possibility to villa and property ownership under this option of the Dominica citizenship program.
DOMINICA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT BENEFITS
- No residency requirement;
- Access to Caricom trade zone and opportunities;
- Zero restriction on imported capital and repatriation of profits;
- Dominica allows dual citizenship, so there is no need to denounce your current citizenship(s);
- Dominica is a member of the Commonwealth, UN, OAS, ACP and other major organizations;
- Citizens of Dominica benefit from 90 day visa-waiver agreement with the Schengen Area.
- No tax on foreign earned income;
- Stable, developing economy;
- Dominica is a safe country.
DOMINICA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT FEES
- US $1000 – Processing Fee per application
- Due Diligence
- US $7500 – Main Applicant
- US $4000 – Spouse
- US $4000 – Dependant 16 yrs & older
- US $250 – Certificate of Naturalization
- US $1200 – Expedited Passport (optional)
DOMINICA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT – ECONOMIC DIVERSIFICATION FUND
- US $ 100,000 – SINGLE APPLICANT
- US $ 175,000 – MAIN APPLICANT AND SPOUSE
- US $ 200,000 – MAIN APPLICANT PLUS 3 DEPENDANTS
- US $ 25,000 – ANY QUALIFYING DEPENDANT
DOMINICA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT – REAL ESTATE OPTION
The minimum investment for the Real Estate Option is USD 200,000
The following government fees are applicable for the main applicant and any accompanying dependants:
- US $ 25,000 – SINGLE APPLICANT
- US $35,000 – MAIN APPLICANT AND SPOUSE
- US $ 35,000 – UP TO 4 PERSONS (MAIN APPLICANT & 3 DEPANDANTS)
- US $ 50,000 – UP TO 6 PERSONS (MAIN APPLICANT & 5 DEPANDANTS)
- US $ 70,000 – UP TO 7 PERSONS (MAIN APPLICANT & 6 DEPENDANTS)
DOMINICA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Two (2) completed notarized copies of Application Form 12;
- Form D1 – Disclosure Form;
- Form D2 – Fingerprint and photo verification form;
- Form D3 – Medical Questionnaire with Test Results Blood, Urine and HIV;
- Form D4 – Investment Agreement;
- Letter of Recommendation from Head of School/University for children;
- One (1) Professional Reference;
- Bank Reference (for Main Applicant);
- Police Record, with fingerprints from country of birth and residence (if different) for each; applicant sixteen (16) years and over. For children 12 – 15 years old, parents must submit a sworn Affidavit that child has no criminal record;
- Six (6) passport size photos for each applicant;
- Marriage Certificate/Dissolution of Marriage (if application);
- Birth Certificate;
- Letter to the Minister responsible for Citizenship;
- Bank Statements for the period of one year;
- Notarized copies of University/College diplomas;
- Detailed Business Background (for self-employed/companies); Resume;
- Proof of address (eg Utility Bill);
- Copy of Passport;
- Copy of National ID Card;
- Copy of Driver’s License;
- Residency Permit;
- Military Service Exemption/Completion/Discharged Card;
- Letter of Employment/Audited Financial Statement (companies/self-employed).
*All Citizenship by Investment applicants must apply through a Licensed Citizenship by Investment Agent. Other firms and individuals who wish to work as subagents or overseas promoters must collaborate with a licensed agent.
DOMINICA PASSPORT PROGRAM – TIME FRAME
Dominica economic citizenship applications can be fully processed within 3 months. This includes receipt of Dominica passport upon successful application.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information on Dominica citizenship applications. We will be happy to schedule a confidential consultation.